- CGSC#: 5450
- Strain Designation
Designation Source Preference KY2750 Yura T. 1
- Sex(Hfr,F+,F-,or F'): F-
- 19 Mutations:
Mutation Location Certainty Display thr-1 0.01 1 thr-1 leuB6(Am) 1.74 1 leuB6(Am) secA208 2.00 1 secA208 fhuA2::IS2 3.61 1 fhuA2::IS2 lacY1 7.79 1 lacY1 glnX44(AS) 14.99 0 glnX44(AS) gal-6 16.96 1 gal-6 LAM- 17.40 1 λ- trp-67 28.00 1 trp-67 his-100 44.00 1 his-100 dnaG18 69.17 1 dnaG18 rpsL135(strR) 74.84 1 rpsL135(strR) malT1(LamR) 76.54 1 malT1(λR) xyl-7 80.34 1 xyl-7 mtlA2 81.26 1 mtlA2 thiE1 90.34 1 thiE1 met-99 1000.00 1 met-99 ``sdg-''2750 1000.00 1 ``sdg-''2750 (Ts) 1000.00 1 (Ts)
- 1.Growth on Minimal Medium plus supplements is slow and is stimulated by Casamino acids.
- 2.A nutritional shift-down has a deleterious effect and can be lethal.
- 3.It is necessary to check the TS character of the strain frequently in order to avoid overgrowth by revertants.
- CGSC Comment: We have found that on plates of Luria Agar (which contains 1% NaC1) this strain does not exhibit a TS phenotype at 42 degrees but is clearly TS at 45 degrees.
- If the Luria Agar is modified to contain only 0.1% NaC1, then the strain is clearly TS at 42 degrees.
- This strain, originally described as carrying dnaP18, a ts mutation near 85 min.,is now described as carrying a dnaG mutant, a suppressor of the dnaG mutation and an unmapped TS mutation.
- Wada, C., T. Yura 1974. Phenethyl alcohol resistance in Eslcherichia coli. III. A temperature-sensitive mutation (dnaP) affecting DNA replication. Genetics 77:199-220
- Murakami, H., T. Nagata, W. Schwarz, C. Wada, T. Yura 1985. Novel dnaG mutation in a dnaP mutant of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 162:830-832