WA704      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, mcrB1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Wood, W.B. 1966. Host specificity of DNA produced by Escherichia coli: bacterial mutations affecting the restriction and modification of DNA. J.Mol.Biol. 16:118-133