KL355      Source of Strain:
M.C. CappelloOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2::IS2
, purA44Strain Comments:
- The parent of KG20 was PA526 and not PA256 as in reference below.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- L? = assignment uncertain
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Eriksson-Grennberg, KG 1968. Resistance of Escherichia coli to penicillins. II. An improved mapping of the ampA gene. Genet. Res. 12(2):147-56.