N2616      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, mtl-1Strain Comments:
- acrC31(ts,AcrR)-- The strain is acriflavine resistant at 30 C, sensitive at higher temperatures, and inviable at 43 C.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts,AcrR = temp.sens.,acridine resist.
- Nakamura, H. 1965. Gene-controlled resistance to acriflavine and other basic dyes in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 90:8-14
- Nakamura, H. 1979. Novel acriflavine resistance genes, acrC and acrD, in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 139:8-12