AT724      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, metB1Strain Comments:
- This strain was referred to incorrectly as AT721 on p.388 of the reference below.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- fuc-1-- Fuc- = cannot utilize L-fucose.
- lysA22-- is Taylor's lysA10 which he briefly called lysB10 in 1971.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Taylor, A.L., C.D. Trotter 1967. Revised linkage map of Escherichia coli. Bacteriol.Rev. 31:332-353