AT978      Source of Strain:
A.L. TaylorOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain can be maintained on nutrient broth (or L broth) only if the medium is supplemented with 40-50ug/ml DL-diaminopimelic acid. It may contain a temperature-sensitive mutation.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- dapE9-- : We've had feedback indicating that AT978, carrying this allele, grows a little on LB without DAP, whereas dapE6 in AT984 is tighter in its DAP requirement.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Bukhari, A.I., A.L. Taylor 1971. Genetic analysis of diaminopimelic acid- and lysine-requiring mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 105:844-854