TP1      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: proA23
, ampC11Strain Comments:
- This strain does not grow on minimal medium plus His, Trp and Pro.
- ampCp-1-- is a promoter mutation; AmpC+ strains carrying this allele produce about 10X the amount of beta lactamase found in wild-type strains. In absence of other amp alleles, use 10-15 ug/ml Amp.
- ampC11-- has been called ampC1. It makes this strain beta-lactamase negative (and sensitive to Amp at concentrations greater than 1 ug/ml.
- ampCp-1 was formerly called ampA1
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Burman, L.G., J.T. Park, E. Lindstrom, H.G. Boman 1973. Resistance of Escherichia coli to penicillins: identification of the structural gene for the chromosomal penicillinase. J.Bacteriol. 116:123-130
- Jaurin, B., T. Grundstrom, T. Edlund, S. Normark 1981. The E. coli beta-lactamase attenuator mediates growth rate-dependent regulation. Nature 290:221-225