UQ72      Source of Strain:
L.A. IsakssonOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ4
, argG75Strain Comments:
- The derivation and genotype of parental strain P90A5 of J.Miller are not fully known.
- nadD72(ts,Fs)-- This allele has a deletion of base T-613 causing a -1 frameshift that leads to a change of the last 10 amino acids and an addition of 17 amino acids.
- nadD72(ts,Fs)-- This allele produces very little NAD+ and NADPH at 30 deg. C and essentially none at 42 deg. C.
- nadD72(ts,Fs) was formerly called fusB72
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Isaksson, L.A., R. Takata 1978. The temperature sensitive mutant 72c. I. Pleiotropic growth behaviour and changed response to some antibiotics and mutations in the transcription or translation apparatus. Mol.Gen.Genet. 161:9-14
- Stancek, M, LA Isaksson, M Ryden-Aulin 2003. fusB is an allele of nadD, encoding nicotinate mononucleotide adenylyltransferase in Escherichia coli Microbiology (Reading, Engl.) 149(Pt 9):2427-2433.