STL15655      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ4822
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- lacZ4822-- is a compound allele replacing TTTG-C--CTGGT-TTCCGGCACCAGAA with TTTGCCAGCTTCTCTTCCGGCACCGGAA starting at base 181 in the lacZ sequence. This results in a frameshift mutation and the formation of a quasipalendrome.
- mhpC281::Tn10-- cotransduces 80% with lac.
- ΔmutS738::kan-- The primers used to make this knockout were AAAAACCATCACACCCCATTTAATATCAGGGAACCGGACATAACCCCATGATTCCGGGGATCCGTCGACC and CGATAGCAAAAGACTATCGGGAATTGTTATTACACCAGGCTCTTCAAGCGTGTAGGCTGGAGCTGCTTCG the bolded sequence matches the pKD13 template
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- lacZ4822 was formerly called lacZ(QP6)
- mhpC281::Tn10 was formerly called zah281::Tn10
- = tetracycline resistant
- = kanamycin resistant
- Seier, T, DR Padgett, G Zilberberg, VA Sutera, N Toha, ST Lovett 2011. Insights into mutagenesis using Escherichia coli chromosomal lacZ strains that enable detection of a wide spectrum of mutational events. Genetics 188(2):247-62.