LJ111      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or Δ(codB-lacI)3
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Jenkins, L.S., W.D. Nunn 1987. Genetic and molecular characterization of the genes involved in short-chain fatty acid degradation in Escherichia coli: the ato system. J.Bacteriol. 169:42-52