HMS174(DE3)      Source of Strain: Sex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λDE3 [lacI, lacUV5-T7 gene 1, ind1, sam7, nin5]
, hsdR19Strain Comments:
- λDE3 [lacI, lacUV5-T7 gene 1, ind1, sam7, nin5]-- Lambda DE3 has the phage T7 RNA polymerase under the control of the lacUV5 promoter inserted into the BamHI site of the Lambda cloning vector D69.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- Campbell, JL, CC Richardson, FW Studier 1978. Genetic recombination and complementation between bacteriophage T7 and cloned fragments of T7 DNA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 75(5):2276-80.