Ra-1      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
52 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: glnV42
, λRStrain Comments:
- This strain also carries the sex factor attachment site at the point of origin of strain Ra-2. This property is designated sfa-5.
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- glnV42(AS) was formerly called supE42
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Joset, F., B. Low, R. Krisch 1964. Induction by radiation of a new direction of chromosome transfer during conjugation in an Hfr strain of Escherichia coli. Biochem.Biophys.Res.Commun. 17:742-747
- Low, K.B. 1967. Inversion of transfer modes and sex factor-chromosome interactions in conjugation in Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 93:98-106