RFM795      Source of Strain: Sex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lptD4213
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- lptD4213-- An in frame deletions of 23 amino acids (D330 to D352)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- lptD4213 was formerly called
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sampson, B.A., R. Misra, S.A. Benson 1989. Identification and characterization of a new gene of Escherichia coli K-12 involved in outer membrane permeability. Genetics 122:491-501