W4382      Source of Strain:
A. RichterOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
- "Compound male" strain.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- malB5::Sfa(att)-- sfa-3 is a sex factor-attachment-site in malB. When infected with F, this strain gives rise to an Hfr with the point of origin of Richter's Hfr3 (in malB).
- Sfa(att)1-- is a sex factor attachment site from Hfr Hayes.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Richter, A. 1959. Thesis, University of Wis. 0:0-0