JW164      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- polA1(Am)-- normal levels exonuc.;premature term.of polymerase <1% WT level. MMSS,UVS, viable at all temps. Grindley MGG143
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.