RH2-2      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
, pgi-2Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- pgi-2-- : pgi mutants utilize glucose by the hexose monoP shunt; strains with this allele grew on glucose at 1/3 parental rate. Slow growth on Gal,Mal,Lac;normal on Fru and gluconate.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hanson, RL, C Rose 1979. Genetic mapping of a mutation affecting pyridine nucleotide transhydrogenase in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 138(3):783-7.