WTZ19001      Source of Strain:
J.E. WertzOther Designations:
JK378 - rsgASex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: ara-600
, ΔrsgA787::kanStrain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- zdi-925::Tn10-- cotransduces ca. 65% with pps and 55% with pfkB. Found by PCR (Nichols et al. 1998) to be an insertion at nucleotide 1,776,386 (38.291 min.)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ΔrsgA787::kan-- The primers used to make this knockout were GACGATTCTAACGACGGTTAGCTTAATTGTCAGTCATCCGTATCAGAAAAATTCCGGGGATCCGTCGACC and GTATCATAGATGTTTTGCCCATCAGGGGCGACCAGGAGTCTGTACGATTGTGTAGGCTGGAGCTGCTTCG the bolded sequence matches the pKD13 template
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- = kanamycin resistant
- Sussman, J.K., E.L. Simons, R.W. Simons 1996. Escherichia coli translation initiation factor 3 discriminates the initiation codon in vivo. Mol.Microbiol. 21:347-360