CA8439      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#: Map Position: Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- ΔcyaA854-- is a 200 bp frameshift deletion that generates a new translation start (Glaser et al., below)
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sabourin, D, J Beckwith 1975. Deletion of the Escherichia coli crp gene. J. Bacteriol. 122(1):338-40.