KL340      Source of Strain: Sex:
F42-17 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacI22
, lac Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, mtlA2Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- φ80dlacI+-- The ?80dlacI+ was constructed by integrating the ?80dlac+ prophage and then selecting for tonB mutants that also deleted the lacZYA genes leaving the lacZ promoter.
- Δ(att80-tonB)886-- This deletion may extend beyond tonB
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Lloyd, RG, B Low 1976. Some genetic consequences of changes in the level of recA gene function in Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 84(4):675-95.