CAG18430      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, opgB202::Tn10Strain Comments:
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- opgB202::Tn10-- cotransduces 34% with serB and 13% with thr and ca. 50% with hsd. Shown by PCR analysis (Nichols et al.) to be within opgB at nucleotide 4,595,002 (99.0 min.).
- opgB202::Tn10 was formerly called
- = tetracycline resistant
- Singer, M., T.A. Baker, G. Schnitzler, S.M. Deischel, M. Goel, W.F. Dove, K.J. Jaacks, A.D. Grossman, J.. Erickson, C.A. Gross 1989. A collection of strains containing genetically linked alternating antibiotic resistance elements for genetic mapping of
- Nichols, BP, O Shafiq, V Meiners 1998. Sequence analysis of Tn10 insertion sites in a collection of Escherichia coli strains used for genetic mapping and strain construction. J. Bacteriol. 180(23):6408-11.