JP2608      Source of Strain:
A.J. PittardOther Designations:
F14-15 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: trpT179
(AS) Chromosomal Markers: pro-48
, ilv-632Strain Comments:
- The amber supprossor supU79 on the episome is now called trpT179. This strain was constructed to replace strain LS446a the original supU79 strain.
- pro-48-- is probably in proB-.
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- his-85(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- his-85(Am) was formerly called his-29
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Soll, L, P Berg 1969. Recessive lethals: a new class of nonsense suppressors in Escherichia coli. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 63(2):392-9.