AB347      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Pittard, J, BJ Wallace 1966. Distribution and function of genes concerned with aromatic biosynthesis in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 91(4):1494-508.
- Huang, M, J Pittard 1967. Genetic analysis of mutant strains of Escherichia coli requiring p-aminobenzoic acid for growth. J. Bacteriol. 93(6):1938-42.