W3659      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA24
- sfa-3 is a sex-factor-attachment-site in malB. When infected with F, this strain gives rise to an Hfr with the point of origin of Richter's Hfr3 (in malB). Note the transposition of
- It is inserted between proAB and lac.
- lacY40-- When lacY40 and lac ? appear in a genotype, it is meant to indicate that lacY40 has become more stable due to a second mutation, perhaps in lac occurring in W3828.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- TP3-- is F42-114 inserted between his (44) and thyA (68.8) his lacI-A > thyA
- malB5::Sfa(att)-- sfa-3 is a sex factor-attachment-site in malB. When infected with F, this strain gives rise to an Hfr with the point of origin of Richter's Hfr3 (in malB).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Richter, A. 1961. Attachment of wild type F factor to a specific chromosomal region in a variant strain of Escherichia coli K12: the phenomenon of episomic alternation. Genet.Res. 2:333-345
- Dewitt, SK, EA Adelberg 1962. The Occurrence of a Genetic Transposition in a Strain of Escherichia Coli. Genetics 47(5):577-85.