CM4050      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
, deoC2Strain Comments:
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- polA5-- polymerase altered pH opt., altered template specificity, lower overall activity; Exo-greater than normal levels. see G. and K.
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Kelley, WS, ND Grindley 1976. Mapping of the polA locus of Escherichia coli K12: orientation in the amino- and carboxy-termini of the cistron. Mol. Gen. Genet. 147(3):307-14.