JM109/pWM5      Source of Strain:
pWM5 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
F128-x Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacIp-4000(lacIQ)
, proB Plasmid Comment:
an F128-like F' found in Messing strains and their derivatives Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)0
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- gyrA96(NalR)-- resistant to 200ug/ml nalidixic acid
- gyrA96(NalR)-- GAC to AAC at codon 87
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- gyrA96(NalR) was formerly called
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- M15 = alpha-complemented allele
- Yanisch-Perron, C, J Vieira, J Messing 1985. Improved M13 phage cloning vectors and host strains: nucleotide sequences of the M13mp18 and pUC19 vectors. Gene 33(1):103-19.
- Metcalf, W.W., B.L. Wanner 1993. Construction of new beta-glucuronidase cassettes for making transcriptional fusions and their use with new methods for allele replacement. Gene 129:17-25