M6      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacI22
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is mucoid.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- lacI22 was formerly called lacI3
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Markovitz, A. 1964. Regulatory mechanism for synthesis of capsular polysaccharide in mucoid mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 51:239-240
- Markovitz, A., N. Rosenbaum 1965. A regulator gene that is dominant on an episome and recessive on a chromosome. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 54:1084-1091
- Donachie, WD, KJ Begg, M Vicente 1976. Cell length, cell growth and cell division. Nature 264(5584):328-33.