DF52      Source of Strain:
D. FraenkelOther Designations:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
1 Map Position:
96.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: lacI22
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain was briefly called GN2.
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- ptsI2-- results in strain phenotype of no growth on mannitol or glucose, good growth on glycerol plus cAMP.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- lacI22 was formerly called lacI3
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- FRAENKEL, DG, F FALCOZ-KELLY, BL HORECKER 1964. THE UTILIZATION OF GLUCOSE 6-PHOSPHATE BY GLUCOKINASELESS AND WILD-TYPE STRAINS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 52:1207-13.
- Tanaka, S, DG Fraenkel, EC Lin 1967. The enzymatic lesion of strain MM-6, a pleiotropic carbohydrate-negative mutant of Escherichia coli. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 27(1):63-7.
- Lo, T.C.Y., M.K. Rayman, B.D. Sanwal 1972. Transport of succinate in Escherichia coli.I. Biochemical and Genetic studies of transport in whole cells. J.Biol.Chem. 247:6323-307