KL324      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: secA209
, trpR55Strain Comments:
- pro-48-- is probably in proB-.
- lacZ608(Am)-- is an amber mutation (Newton et al. 1965 J. Mol. Biol. 14:290), aka lacZ-NG608 by Zinder, in segment 10 of the lacZ gene (Zipser et al. 1970).
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- his-85(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- metE90-- is probably metE70.
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- his-85(Am) was formerly called his-29
- lacI22 was formerly called laci3-
- lacI22 was formerly called lacI3
- secA209(aziR) was formerly called azi-9
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- aziR = azide resistance
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Birge, EA, KB Low 1974. Detection of transcribable recombination products following conjugation in rec+, reCB- and recC-strains of Escherichia coli K12. J. Mol. Biol. 83(4):447-57.