BW27878      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(araD-araB)567
, hsdR514Strain Comments:
- See also DE(dcuR-dcuS)133 in different strain, BW29657.
- Δ(araD-araB)567-- This deletion extends from ~25 bp upstream of the araB start codon to ~8 bp into the beginning of the araD gene
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3)-- : 4 tandem copies of the rrnB transcriptional terminator inserted by gene replacement into the region extending from near the SacII site near the N-terminus of lacZ through the promoter.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- Δ(araD-araB)567 was formerly called Δ araBADAH33
- Δ(rhaD-rhaB)568 was formerly called Δ rhaBADLD78
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3) was formerly called Δ lacZWJ16
- ΔlacZ4787(::rrnB-3) was formerly called ::rrnB-4
- ::rrnB-3 = 4 copies of rrnB inserted
- Zhou, L., X.H. Lei, B.R. Bochner, B.L. Wanner 2003. Phenotype microarray analysis of Escherichia coli K-12 mutants with deletions of all two-component systems. J.Bacteriol. 185:4956-49572