NM6002      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: [araD139]B/r
, rph-1Strain Comments:
- See Sledjeski and Gottesman, PNAS 1995.
- [araD139]B/r-- The thr-leu region was transduced from an E. coli B/r strain (SB3118) in early steps of strain derivation; ara or in some strains ara-leu or thr-leu are from B.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- = tetracycline resistant
- Sledjeski, D.D., S. Gottesman 1995. A small RNA acts as an antisilencer of the H-NS-silenced rcsA gene of Escherichia coli. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 92:2003-2007