PLK1269      Source of Strain:
Bitner & KuempelSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: pro-48
, arg-59Strain Comments:
- pro-48-- is probably in proB-.
- trpA9605(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- zdd-235::Tn10-- : This insertion was found by PCR analysis to be in the orf yddE, at nucleotide 1,533,652 (33.058 min.)
- his-85(Am)-- is an amber mutation. It is suppressed by supD32.
- thyA714-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- trpR55-- is trpR2 of Yanofsky. It is a frameshift mutation. Trp levels are indistinguishable from those in trpR deletions or amber mutations (no functional repressor).
- his-85(Am) was formerly called his-29
- zdd-235::Tn10 was formerly called ydc-235::Tn10
- = chloramphenicol resistant
- = tetracycline resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Bitner, R.M., P. Kuempel 1981. P1 transduction map spanning the replication terminus of Escherichia coli K12. Mol.Gen.Genet. 184:208-212